Bellstar's Community Grant Program
Bellstar is committed to supporting passionate people and organizations with a social or environmentally conscious vision.
Bellstar's community grants are intended to:
- Support projects with a clear target audience, and a compelling plan to reach and impact that target audience in a positive way.
- Support projects that do not expect to earn profit, or are a registered non-profit charity/organization.
- Help ensure sustainability of your work – during review, we often ask: “what happens once the grant runs out?”
- Cover costs such as supplies, program materials, direct travel expenses for program implementation, website fees, discounted professional services, printing, copying, promotional costs, technical support.
Bellstar is unable to fund the following:
- Projects which directly conflict with our mission and core values.
- Initiatives that are not within Bellstar's communities.
- Projects where the primary benefit is to the grantee or to any one individual.
- Projects that influence the outcome of any election, projects that encourage violations of law or public policy, or cause any improper private benefit to occur.
- We do not award grants that require grant payments via Moneygram, Western Union or any other cash-based payment system and can only make payments outside Canada using bank wire transfer or Paypal to the account of the person or organization applying for funding.
- We cannot fund initiatives that require funding ahead of Bellstar's semi-annual Green Committee application review.