Bellstar Hotels & Resorts stresses the importance of privacy and we are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adhering to our high standards of protection of personal information.
This policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining the use and storage of personal information, and for sharing certain types of personal information in some limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person whom to direct such questions or requests, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy 'Bellstar' means Bellstar Hotels & Resorts Ltd. and its affiliated companies, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries or parent companies which carry on business that use the following names; Bellstar Hotels & Resorts Ltd, Bellstar Developments Inc. and operations related to Bellstar through a contract, management contract or lease. The words 'we' and 'Bellstar' do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services.
In this policy, personal information means information that can be explicitly used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes information about you that is personally identifiable like your real name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit card number or phone number. This policy also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Bellstar in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation on-line, by telephone at a Bellstar property, with a Central Reservations Agent, with a recognized Bellstar wholesaler (i.e. Jonview, Expedia) or by using other Bellstar services.
- By registering with Bellstar’s e-club.
- By communications with Bellstar regarding service delivery, such as a comment card or e-mail.
- By participating in a marketing initiative i.e. online contest.
Below we outline the type of information normally collected in each of the circumstances listed above, the reasons for doing so, and how we use and store the information.
MAKING A RESERVATION AND REGISTERING AS A GUEST OR SERVICE USER
When making a reservation or using a Bellstar service it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your real name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. Your information will be put into Bellstar’s e-club program, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information may be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Bellstar may use the information provided to send offers and information about Bellstar services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to Bellstar which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by:
- Sending a reply e-mail using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request.
- All marketing e-mails contain an “unsubscribe” feature. By clicking on this feature in the e-mail content, your name and e-mail address will be deleted from our records.
INFORMATION PROVIDED IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS OR AN E-MAIL TO US
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used for the following purposes:
- Recording your comments, communicating with you in respect to your comments, reviewing comments with the subject resort and personnel, for the purposes of addressing your comments, recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
- If you indicate permission to do so or agree to do so through a subsequent request from Bellstar, Bellstar will use your first name and last initial to quote you in our online comments.
- If you indicate permission to do so, you will be entered into the respective contest stated on the comment card.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Bellstar, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest, for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with the respective Bellstar resort for which your reservation has been made so they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information may be shared with other Bellstar resort so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that Bellstar property in the future.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Bellstar to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Bellstar to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer's past due account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Bellstar it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority’s if required by law, warrant or other compelling legal authority requiring such information.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by Bellstar to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Bellstar will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Bellstar will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Bellstar will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Bellstar will endeavor to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes outlined above.
- Bellstar will honour your request to access your personal information in a timely, reasonable fashion.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us. Unfortunately, Bellstar will not be able to accept a person as a guest without the required personal information.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by using the 'Unsubscribe' methods as outlined above in the Promotional Marketing section, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at or if you prefer by writing to us at:
Bellstar Hotels & Resorts Ltd.
#401, 8989 MacLeod Trail South
Attention: Privacy Officer